Revision: November 1, 2022
This is the procedure to be followed when joining the full service BBS network as a new Bulletin Board System (BBS) in the Northern California region or if an existing BBS has significantly changed configuration.   The BBS network operates in a cooperative network of systems.   Failure to coordinate with each other will prevent messages from being forwarded properly and cause other forwarding difficulties.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the PSNC BBS Coordinator and request a coordination.   The applicant will include the BBS location, expected service coverage area, a list of proposed ports, and any special requirements or restrictions there may be that might effect frequency selection or operation.
- The BBS Coordinator will send the applicant the current PSNC BBS listing, as well as any other information needed for the coordination process.
- The BBS Coordinator will recommend frequencies of operation and inform the applicant as to forwarding protocols and possible links for local forwarding.
- If the new BBS is already active, it may operate on allocated BBS frequency(s) for testing and to check for possible interference problems, but strictly on a non-interference basis with existing systems.   The BBS coordinator will recommend frequencies of operation as soon as possible to minimize non-coordinated activity.
- In the case of any conflicts or concerns, the existing systems have priority.   It is the new sysop's responsibility to make whatever changes are needed to resolve any conflicts or concerns.
- The BBS Coordinator will confirm that any conflicts arising during the comment period are resolved.   Any disputes that cannot be resolved will be brought to the PSNC for resolution.
- When all conflicts or concerns have been resolved, the BBS Coordinator will make notice of the new BBS coordination, at which time the applicant shall be considered coordinated.
PSNC email list:The PSNC BBS sysops communicate with each other using the e-mail list psnc(at)n6rme(dot)net.   Only the PSNC BBS sysops in the Northern CA region are on this list.   The list is run by Paul Brown N6RME, p.m.brown(at)arrl(dot)net.
PSNC BBS Coordinator:Gary Mitchell WB6YRU
packet BBS: wb6yru@n0ary.#nca.ca.usa.noam